Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Scar tissue prevention.....and needle size

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Hey all, just wanted to share some stuff. I know many here are WAY more experienced then I am first off. But I have seen many recommendations on needle size and never seen what I am about to post so I thought I would throw it out there.

When I first started HRT, I did quad injections and did not like the discomfort that I would end up with a day or so after the shot. (like a mild bruise). I was using 25g needles as many had suggested.

Anyway, I ordered some 27g and yes, 30g.

The 27g 1 1/4" work fine with test cyp, but it takes a little pressure. (not too bad) With HRT doses, this is not an issue. At higher doses, I would just imagine that it would take a little longer. Maybe 45sec or so. Or if doing daily or eod injections, volume would be lower anyway.

I get zero pain now from the 27 g in both the quads and VG site.

I tried the 30g 1" and it was a little more difficult. But when I heated the syringe in a cup of hot water, it actually went pretty easy. I just put a luer cap on the syringe and found that the top cover for a slin pin perfectly fit over that. (so as not to contaminate any of the needle mounting area with unsterile water)

You could not even feel the 30g and get zero bleeding when you remove the needle. Probably too much work though....unless you were pinning everyday and really did not like the feeling of being a pin cushion or the scar tissue that comes along with it.

Both needles were made by BD and in boxes of 100 were cheap. (The 30g 1" was about twice the price at .$30/ needle. 27g were only likr $.12/needle)

Anyway....for pusses like me that dont like the discomfort.....or for guys that are building up scartissue, this might be an option. Just never saw anyone mention anything smaller then 25.

Last edited:

Sep 11, 2012
Rotate your pin spots. It took 12yrs to get scar tissue in my glutes and it was only because I stopped for a long time putting it in my shoulders and qauds. I just stopped 4 days ago using 23 gauge and I'm on 25 now. It's tougher to push through but less scar tissue. Keep rotating, like right shoulder monday, left sholder thursday, right glute monday and so on. You get the idea. Good luck buddy.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
subq your trt. no worries about scar tissue whatsoever. I have been doing this for over 3 years. I use 27g slin pins and hit subq quads and abs.

Last edited:
YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
25g on every pin i make, 1 inch. delts, glutes, quads, pecs (occasionally to mix it up), and traps. dont have any scar tissue that is worth complaining about, just keep it rotating and all is good :D

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
subq your trt. no worries about scar tissue whatsoever. I have been doing this for over 3 years. I use 27g slin pins and hit subq quads and abs.

Not 100% convinced to make the jump to sub-q. But have been reading about it. Seems there are pluses and minuses. Estrogen seems to run higher sub-q for some reason. But I am certainly following what others are doing as I am pretty much on for life now!

Thanks!

25g on every pin i make, 1 inch. delts, glutes, quads, pecs (occasionally to mix it up), and traps. dont have any scar tissue that is worth complaining about, just keep it rotating and all is good :D

I have not got that brave yet to stick myself anywhere but quads and glutes! At some point I may try.....but the smaller needle thing is working well for me right now.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I read something a while back that said test levels were actually higher on subq. The subjects doses had to be lowered. I thought it mentioned that the estro levels weren't that much different than IM. If I run into it I'll post the link.

My estro goes up regardless on IM so i take a light dosage of AI.

The great thing I like is the muscle is never touched.

Last edited:
chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
subq your trt

what up prime?! im in my 2nd week of doing hrt subq and seems to be doing fine....

while runing cycles i use 25g and rotate quads, shoulders,glutes....

Sep 11, 2012
18g for everything. Pussies.

HOLY SHIT THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!! Back in the day when sostenon from Mexico came preloaded there was an 18 in there and I had no pokies. I used it and damn I thought I was gonna bleed out. Good times.

narcissus79

narcissus79

Oct 17, 2012
i've never used anything but 23g... question.. why would a bigger guage make it less painfull?!

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Higher the gauge number the smaller the diameter of the needle

For example,
18ga is bigger than a 25ga (significantly)

M-Rods

M-Rods

Jun 10, 2011
Just had my 2nd HRT shot (doc still baffled how my test was so low lololol) he is making me come in for the first 5 shots, nurse is 80 years old and using an 18g...FML

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic