Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Pillar's Log

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
First day back in the gym since my first raw comp...

My PR's

Squat 460
Bench 300
Deadlift 530

Only goes up from here!!! For the next week I'll just be kinda dickin around and then will either get back to SST or westside.

Box Squats
135 x 5, 5
225 x 5, 5
315 x 1 re racked
315 x 5
405 x 1 ugly rep!!!
225 x 10
225 x 10

Leg press (had an urge to trash the legs)
6 plates per side x 7
9 plates per side x 5
9 plates per side x 3

Nothing fancy.

Bigherm21

Bigherm21

Apr 12, 2012
Nice numbers. I'm.actually debating on getting in powerlifting. I have a bad wheel but recently was repping 425 squats and prob could do 460 maybe more. I don't want to push it. Any advice pob. I'm a strong fuck but haven't tried it yet.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Nice numbers. I'm.actually debating on getting in powerlifting. I have a bad wheel but recently was repping 425 squats and prob could do 460 maybe more. I don't want to push it. Any advice pob. I'm a strong fuck but haven't tried it yet.
And humble to boot ;)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

You can try getting into it the way I did. To be honest its more fun that BB in my opinion for both the way we train and def the way we eat!

I got started when a couple nut jobs on here suggested I try a program called Sheiko. It made a man out of me!

PM me your email and I'll send you a spreadsheet to get you started. It's a 4 week program. Make it thru and you'll be addicted

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
There's always strongman too....if your man enough
Can't wait to see hips posting up in Here!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
There's always strongman too....if your man enough
Can't wait to see hips posting up in Here!

I tried to get hips to box squat. She didn't approve of my methods and we didn't speak to each other the rest of the training session. Then we fought more at home. Then I acted like a retard, left for a while, calmed down and took her to a really really fancy dessert place in Boston.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Lol! Hubby and I never trained much together We do things differently. Just remember no matter what we are always right

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
Nice training, POB. Just relent and let Hips be right, you'll be much happier the rest of your life lol.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Lol! Hubby and I never trained much together We do things differently. Just remember no matter what we are always right

Nice training, POB. Just relent and let Hips be right, you'll be much happier the rest of your life lol.

Ok... Here is an idea. You guys are both women and can squat. Next Friday (squat day) I'm going to send you guys a vid of her squat. You tell me how to help her squat better (deeper and stronger). From what I see, she needs box squats but wouldn't cooperate in training them. I'll take all the help I can get from you. I'd love her to compete someday with me.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
Sounds good to me! I'll be happy to help.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Here's the deal I am going to be biased PoB. I dont want a bizzillion PLers telling me I am wrong.......BUT for ME when I started doing box squats I started having hip and IT band issues. I know they serve a purpose but for me I can live without them. Mind you my squat sucks I MAY be at a 335 or 350 max . I dont care though. I dont need heavy squats for what I do. My yoke is getting stronger without them all of my events are getting stronger.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Here's the deal I am going to be biased PoB. I dont want a bizzillion PLers telling me I am wrong.......BUT for ME when I started doing box squats I started having hip and IT band issues. I know they serve a purpose but for me I can live without them. Mind you my squat sucks I MAY be at a 335 or 350 max . I dont care though. I dont need heavy squats for what I do. My yoke is getting stronger without them all of my events are getting stronger.

I had the same issues as you until I ran 600mg deca :D

I'm open minded to her doing an Oly squat. Prob is though the ankle flexion needs to be reduced or eliminated due to her ankle surgery from last year. Some ROM issues still exist. The ankle barely flexes in a box squat. I also have no problem providing muscle work at night to help reduce her soreness. :x

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic