Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

What is your opinion on Chiropractors?

arnold

arnold

Sep 9, 2010
I went to a chiropractic today to get another opinion on what is wrong with my back. I've never been to a chiropractor and have mixed reviews if they are worth it.

What experiences do you guys and gals have with chiropractics? Do you guys have any sucess stories or horror stories from going to them?

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
They are very helpful if you can find a knowledgeable one you trust. Mine works wonders on me, Ive been going to him for 14 years now. Talk to some of your friends that are into chiropractic and get a good recommendation because they can hurt you worse then you was before if they are not careful. Chiropractic intervention helps your body heal itself but is by no means a miracle cure. Its takes time and consistency to see results.

I

IBT

Sep 15, 2010
I am a retired Chiropractor, get referrals from your friends you trust. That is the best way IMO. Dont go to any that all they use is the Activator, tool that looks like a mini pogo stick. Manual adjustments and make sure they can adjust you, small male/female chiro trying to adjust a 275lb man's lower back = fail. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Went to several for a good 10 years for my lower back, have 2 bulging discs that get aggravated every once in a while. If they know what they are doing they are very helpful and make a HUGE difference. If they aren't that good you will leave there in pain and never want to go back.

Oh yeah, 5 ft 100lb HOTTIES do not make a good chiro for anyone who works out, lol

A

Airborne

Jan 19, 2011
Re: What's everyones opinion on Chiropractors?

IF you find a good one, her/she would be worth their weight in gold!

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011

Been against them most of my lifting life. Until my sciatica when haywire. He was the only one who could do anything for it. I dont let them touch my neck though. Just a personal pref. So I go when I start to have a flare up and he gets it all worked out. I still wouldnt say I'm all in on them though. Good luck

G

GOAL200

Jan 15, 2011

Wouldn't know what to do without mine. I don't need him often, but when I do, it's a no-brainer. He's fixed little problems in one session and also got my spine aligned after a car accident many years ago (that took 3 adjustments/wk for like 16 wks). Gotta find a good one you can communicate well with.

M

muaythaifighter

Jan 21, 2011

I had average success with Chiros. previously seen one for 5 years and it just didnt fix my L4 L5 and 2 C something in the neck. Maybe i didnt find a decent one or my activties are just too harsh on my body. I had 3 adjustments a week consist of electro..(LOVE IT) , the funny bed that bends at the hip and the usual torso crack. But i have kept an open mind cuz i play on 4 softball teams, train MMA 6 days a week and weight train. so i can't really say if he was good or bad cuz of this. He doesnt tell me to stop cuz he knows i wont. what has helped me is the martial art stretches and the inverse chair i brought from a sporting store...good luck brother

E

earthbuddy

Nov 8, 2010

I say it depends. I went to one for the first time that many recommended in my town for my neck and shoulder pain. According to him, after the x-ray, he was surprised I could even walk without severe pain. He said I had bone on bone in my neck and in my lower back. I dont know how true that is. I went for two months three times a week. They would do the adjustments, use the bounce table, crack lower and upper back. Twist and crack neck. Poke me with the small pogo stick, adjust hips. The whole nine yards. My neck never got better. Decided to stop that cause I hate all the cracking and stuff. I then went to a PT that noted my symptoms and worked me with stretches and various strengthing exercises to hit those small unnoticed areas. Pain then went away after awhile. So in my case, the PT did much more good than the chiro.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011

I had a herniated disk and my Chiropractor helped my get healed up without steroid shots for inflamation or surgery. Since then I try to get adjusted once per month. Bottom line a good Chiro will help with any spine related injury imho.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010

I go to a sports massage therapist, does everything a chiro does, but also loosens the muscles causing the issue.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic