Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

How to get more fat in my diet

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Hey guys I need a little help, I need to get more fat in my diet. I hate fish pills, what are some things you do..

The reason I think I need more is because my joints have started hurting. knees, hands and elbows. That's the only thing I can think of that is low right now. I don't eat this way on purpose, it just seems to happen. I try to eat whole foods, lots of chicken and fish, veggies pasta, rice, because its cheaper than steak, but all these are lower in fat. I eat butter, in my eggs, I don't think its enough, for the work being done.

Im bulking right now, so you would think it would be easier to get more fat in, but I really don't like fatty foods.

Any suggestions

OMS

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
I second avocados .

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
peanut butter,avocados,walnuts,coconut oil,eggs

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Avocados and walnuts are good. Their fatty acid profiles are better than most. Chia seeds are also a good one. You will notice a lot of vegans use those because they help fill their omega 3 needs and because their diets can get high in 6 if they're not careful

DobieQueen

DobieQueen

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2013
If you're eating dairy, Greek yogurt, full fat cottage cheese or even any cheese (most have no carbs)... then of course avocado, peanut butter, nuts such as almonds, macadamia or walnuts...eggs, throw in some whole eggs with your whites...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Avocados, nuts, milk

Yes this is great info.

Just to add a little, you can add peanut butter to almost anything to help you out. A few table spoons into your protein shake and you'll be set.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Thanks guys, @DobieQueen thanks for the list, I started to add these in and Im back at about 100g of fates a day, where I should be. Its been a two weeks and my joints are feeling better too, my skin is not so dry, so its working...

Thanks for hte help..

DobieQueen

DobieQueen

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2013
Thanks guys, @DobieQueen thanks for the list, I started to add these in and Im back at about 100g of fates a day, where I should be. Its been a two weeks and my joints are feeling better too, my skin is not so dry, so its working...

Thanks for hte help..
Very welcome! Glad you're noticing a difference. Fats are good for you!!! too many people are afraid of them...especially women. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

S

Superman5000

Jan 8, 2018
Look for healthy fats, like;
  • Avocados.
  • Cheese.
  • Dark Chocolate.
  • Whole Eggs.
  • Fatty Fish.
  • Nuts.
  • Chia Seeds.
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

L

luckyvenkat

Feb 21, 2019
tips on how to eat more fat
  1. Start with whole, full-fat ingredients. .
  2. Cook with fat. .
  3. Use different fats for different flavors.
  4. Prepare low-carb recipes.
  5. Top any dish with oil, dressing, sauces, or butter.
  6. Garnish with high-fat foods.
  7. Ensure snacks contain fat.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic