Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Drinking water before meals

88fiona

88fiona

Established Member
Nov 2, 2010
Is drinking water before meals recommended? If I drink a glass of water before a meal, it takes less of a meal for me to feel satisfied. I'm wondering if doing this for every meal will do good for my weight loss.

What do you think?

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Yes it is an.old weight loss trick to make you eat less

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
It helps to digest the food better

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
What LG and Bb both said. It well definitely help you eat less. But make sure you're still meeting your nutritional goals I. Line with your weight loss while doing so. Gotta find that balance so you don't under eat. It will help though

juced_porkchop

juced_porkchop

Feb 15, 2012
it may hurt digestion a little (diluted stomach acids) but i wouldent worry about that unless your having poop issues. its a great trick to help stop over eating. i tell others to try it so they dont cram soo much in in one meal. i do it too when not bulking

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I've been using this trick for years, but I found that substituting the water with the large gin martini was more fun. Never quite hit the weight loss goals, but I had forgotten all about that.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I've been using this trick for years, but I found that substituting the water with the large gin martini was more fun. Never quite hit the weight loss goals, but I had forgotten all about that.

I always pictured you a more vodka and cranberry guy....

Lena Hunsberger

Lena Hunsberger

TID Lady Member
May 30, 2016
Yes, drinking water before meals helps to loose weight on faster because when we drink lots of water we eat less and it ultimately helps us to loss weight.

htu

htu

Jan 15, 2012
It does make you feel full, however it does hinder digestion. Ideally you shouldn't drink with a meal.

H

Helen Miller

Jul 19, 2016
Yes it's a good practice but it is recommended to drink water an half hour before meal.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
If you're seriously concerned about drinking water during meal times, you have issues. Its water. And food. Your body knows what to do with both... Jesus and I thought the whole don't eat carbs and fats in the same meal thing was bad... good grief.

Archer

Archer

Oct 21, 2015
Yare yare...

Ostensibly, drinking water before eating is just to make you feel fuller so in consequence you eat less.

But it wont contribute to your overall feeling of hunger through the day.

Let say you drink a gallon of water before your meal, will you eat afterwards? Not likely. But after you flush that water out of your system you will feel even hungrier (Because the body made an effort to flush the water).

This is exactly the problem with all that is related to fat loss, we over complicate it. More focus on the basics and for a long period of time will suffice to reach any goal (well, almost).

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic