Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Hormone tests to tackle rising steroid use

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Needle exchanges are planning to offer testosterone tests to the growing number of young men taking steroids in an effort to make them confront their drug problems.

The move, which some doctors think may legitimise steroid use, is being launched after Merchants Quay Ireland, a homelessness and drug service in Dublin, found that one in ten people injecting drugs are steroid users. The service plans to introduce the tests in the coming months.

Tony Geoghegan, chief executive of Merchants Quay, said that the service’s doctors found that many of the new visitors to their needle exchanges were from middle-class backgrounds

Source: thetimes.co.uk/article/hormone-tests-to-tackle-rising-steroid-use-kgvgqbmr8

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I don't get it. How would showing them elevated testosterone levels in their blood be confronting their drug problem...

Not thrilled this is thru a needle exchange. About as dumb as the time CDC tried to say that steroid use puts you at risk of hep c and HIV because it's illicit injection drug use.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
1 out of 10 doesnt seem to me as being a staggering number.....The funds for the hormone tests could go to better use....

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I don't get it. How would showing them elevated testosterone levels in their blood be confronting their drug problem...

It would be a good way to check levels on a new batch from the source for free :D

A

ApexReptilian

Apr 9, 2016

Not thrilled this is thru a needle exchange. About as dumb as the time CDC tried to say that steroid use puts you at risk of hep c and HIV because it's illicit injection drug use.
Lol right, because so many bodybuilding are sharing needles and/or reusing them.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Tony Geoghegan, chief executive of Merchants Quay, said that the service’s doctors found that many of the new visitors to their needle exchanges were from middle-class backgrounds

I read an article a few years ago about a DEA agent that left the job to become a defense attorney for steroid cases. He said that he realized one day, while walking through a nice neighborhood, they have been busting good people. People that contribute to society, have families, functional lives, don't commit crimes etc. He felt guilty and that he was on the wrong side.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic